3D Mammography – “Breast Tomosynthesis” Accredited by the American College of Radiology – License #M383
Women’s Health has been providing patients with state-of-the-art digitial breast imaging since the fall of 2007. In March of 2012, Women’s Health moved forward with the next generation of technology for breast cancer detection “Selenia Dimensions”, the first commercially available tool to deliver on the extraordinary promise of breast tomosynthesis – also known as “3D Mammography”.
About Breast Tomosynthesis
Breast tomosynthesis is a new technology in the fight against breast cancer. Breast tomosynthesis may be used in conjuncton with traditional digital mammography as part of your annual screening mammogram to capture more breast images. Very low X-ray energy is used during the screening examinaton so your radiaton exposure is safely below the American College of Radiology (ACR) guidelines. Using breast tomosynthesis and digital mammography together for screening has been proven to reduce “call-backs”.
Breast tomosynthesis may also be used for a diagnostc mammogram if you happen to be called back for this type of exam.
- We employ minimally invasive surgical procedures, whenever possible, including:
- In-office Endometrial Ablation
- In-office Permanent Contraception
- Tubal Ligation
- Hysterectomy – Abdominal, Laparoscopic, Vaginal
- Surgical Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Minimally Invasive Surgery For Urinary Incontinence